Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

"The Making of Blake's 7" DVD documentaries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Concrete

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still waiting to see the them after waiting so long it would be nice to have some good commentaries.Some of the Tomorrow People commentaries are funny{ha-ha} and I agree that The Talons Of Weng Chaing is excellent.
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAVES OF ANDROZANI is a very good commantary, especially when we get to the Regeneration scene.
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ORAC wrote:
CAVES OF ANDROZANI is a very good commantary, especially when we get to the Regeneration scene.

why what happens there? Does Colin Baker suddenly appear in the commentaries and start talking lol
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, no but you can sense how difficult it was to film, PD sounds quite sad when it comes to that part...the true downhill start of WHO!
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bet he mentioned Nicola Bryants clevage though, he always seems to mention that when it comes to his final scene
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr-Stabby wrote:
i bet he mentioned Nicola Bryants clevage though, he always seems to mention that when it comes to his final scene

Errr yes...that was most definately mentioned and very funny too. LOL!!!
Kevin Davies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Pan Books' Golden Pan awards presentation for Douglas Adams on the night they recorded Peter regenerating into Colin. Peter's wife Sandra Dickinson was there too. She'd been at the studio session all day, and was due to go back to pick Peter up later that evening. She was cheerfully telling us how during rehearsals earlier that day Colin had to wear Peter's trousers for the regen scene, and had terrible trouble doing up the fifth Doctor's trousers. Did that detail come up in the commentary? - I haven't bought that DVD.
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Davies wrote:
I was at Pan Books' Golden Pan awards presentation for Douglas Adams on the night they recorded Peter regenerating into Colin. Peter's wife Sandra Dickinson was there too. She'd been at the studio session all day, and was due to go back to pick Peter up later that evening. She was cheerfully telling us how during rehearsals earlier that day Colin had to wear Peter's trousers for the regen scene, and had terrible trouble doing up the fifth Doctor's trousers. Did that detail come up in the commentary? - I haven't bought that DVD.

I don't think that that point was specifically mentioned but I do believe that costume problems generally were, I'll have to take a peek at it tonight and report back.

By the way, great to have you with us Kevin and I am so wanting to see the Blake's 7 documentry, as are so many other fans.
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Davies wrote:
Did that detail come up in the commentary? - I haven't bought that DVD.
No it didn't, but I thought Colin's voice was a couple of octaves higher than normal when he sits up to say "Change M'dear"
ORAC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE_LIBERATOR wrote:
Kevin Davies wrote:
Did that detail come up in the commentary? - I haven't bought that DVD.
No it didn't, but I thought Colin's voice was a couple of octives higher than normal when he sits up to say "Change M'dear"

And it was at that point that Doctor Who lost another viewer LOL!!!
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed Colins era, well i enjoyed the TRIAL OF A TIMELORD series, i didn't care for his first series.

Oh yes, that change m'dear line was awful! And what knobhead told him to stare right into the camera when he said it, looked like a pantomine!

Oh by the way, what ORAC said, nice to have you here Kevin!
Kevin Davies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some might say Colin had much more trouble filling Peter Davison's SHOES.

His portrayal of Bayban The Beserker was fabulous though, and helps to make CITY AT THE EDGE... one of the best episodes ever, IMHO.

BTW the city exploding in CITY... was one of the better special effects. Real THUNDERBIRDS-y!
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr-Stabby wrote:
I enjoyed Colins era, well i enjoyed the TRIAL OF A TIMELORD series, i didn't care for his first series.
I've only seen Trial of a Timelord on it's original transmission, I'd love to see it again. I've been mellowing to Colin's doctor of late!
Mr-Stabby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on UK Gold recently, i only started watching it mid-way through, i'd like to see the beginning, and the so-called brilliant special effect at the beginning that everyone raves about!
THE_LIBERATOR
Goatboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Davies wrote:
His portrayal of Bayban The Beserker was fabulous though, and helps to make CITY AT THE EDGE... one of the best episodes ever, IMHO
Yeah he's great as Babyban, for me it's the pronunciation of, & accent on the word "Butcher" that cracks me up everytime!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: