Home / B7 Chatroom / Caption Competition / Episode Guide / Conventions / Productions / Gadgets / Links / Email  
Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index Blakes7 Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  SmartFeedSmartFeed   StatisticsStatistics   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Currently Chatting:

I like this picture - awesome !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: I like this picture - awesome ! Reply with quote

BlakNo1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nice.

However - and I'm probably in a small minority here - but I just don't like the CGI Liberators. They just don't look *real* Okay, I know it isn't a real spacecraft but the modelwork is shot with a real object. Maybe it's because I'm a modeller, but I just prefer a real object as opposed to a render inside a computer

And no matter how good the CGI, you could never, ever, top that first shot of the Liberator as seen on the London's monitor in Spacefall. Or that stock shot of the Liberator hanging in space.

AND I've met Matt Irvine! Albeit very briefly...
Valentine
Supreme Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEAUTIFUL version of the "LIBERATOR" but, have to AGREE with "Janov Seldon" that CGI is second to real model shots if done right!!!

I've had the pleasure to meet "MAT IRVINE" more than once - a very interesting, amusing gent!!!

"Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK!

ENIGMATIC "" COUSIN
Simon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although its a bit battered and still suffering from the rotting stuff from Terminal, I do prefer this Lib

http://www.blakes-7.co.uk/conventions/gallery/Models/P2250008.sized.jpg
BlakNo1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I definitely prefer models to CGI. As much as I love B5, it took me years to get past the way-too-colorful effects.
BLAKESCREWE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic !
the masters of cheese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAKESCREWE wrote:

This is fantastic !

yes it is
Topov

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janov Seldon wrote:
It is nice.

However - and I'm probably in a small minority here - but I just don't like the CGI Liberators. They just don't look *real* Okay, I know it isn't a real spacecraft but the modelwork is shot with a real object. Maybe it's because I'm a modeller, but I just prefer a real object as opposed to a render inside a computer

And no matter how good the CGI, you could never, ever, top that first shot of the Liberator as seen on the London's monitor in Spacefall. Or that stock shot of the Liberator hanging in space.

Quite agree with you, Janov - I've yet to see a convincing CGI Liberator. I've seen some absolutely spot on Daleks, and other Dr Who-y things, but that may be because DW fans have more time on their hands!

And that first shot is jaw-dropping, isn't it..?
Janov Seldon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely, although I prefer that oft use stock shot of the Liberator hanging there. Fantastic.

Having said that, I've yet to see one of the Comet injection moulded Liberators done right either, although I've seen a fantastic Scorpio. I'd cheerfully pay a large sum of money for a resin kit or three of that ship (one to do as Scorpio and the other two as some of her sister ships, Aries and Gemini, although they would be in white with blue cheatlines as opposed to the orange and yellow of Scorpio)

I met Matt Irvine briefly a few weeks back at Scalemodelworld 2005 at the Telford International Centre.

I was manning the display tables for the TSR2 Special Interest Group. He took several photographs and jokingly asked where the NASA marked one was on the SIG stand. Then he wandered off, which was a pity as I wanted to thank him for all his work which was highly admired by myself in my childhood and even more so now, given that I know just how much work goes into building such things.

Some of TSR2 SIG stand can be seen here:
http://groups.msn.com/TheWhatifandoddballmodelpage/tsr2sigatsmw2005.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1774

And that's just one photo. Of the 42 we had on display, 23 of them were mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Blakes7 Discussion Forum Index -> Blakes7 Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: